Dealing with your city or county can be a very frustrating process when submitting your materials for permits to build your pool.
Before you attempt to submit your materials, here are a few steps to take to ensure the smoothest permit process possible:
- The first step is to entirely complete your swimming pool plan before attempting to attain review and approval. That way all of your necessary information is in one central location thereby making it easier for you to locate any answers necessary.
- Next, be sure to finalize your structural engineering plans. Special engineering and structural design are two items that can waylay the building process of your pool. If you have these plans at the get-go, the city should be able to know if they are using a standard plan or a site specific/pool specific engineer when building your pool.
- The third step is to have a site plan or site map of your proposed pool drawn to scale.
- Last but not least, you should obtain a homeowner’s association letter of approval. This can facilitate quicker approval since approval is required form homeowner’s associations in many different areas and can delay any permits.
Build Your Own Pool is based in the greater Metro-Phoenix area and we’ve compiled a handy list of city and county links that are relevant to swimming pool permit applications in the Valley. For more information, please visit the following:
City of Phoenix
- Swimming Pool Application.pdf
- Swimming Pool Survey Form.pdf
- Swimming Pool Survey Waiver Form.pdf City of Scottsdale
For other locations in the Valley of the Sun, please see a list of links at our website.